GolfMark and ClubMark Status
Golf Mark is a national scheme that identifies and recognises junior and beginner friendly golf facilities and is open to any club affiliated to England Golf. Clubs qualifying for Golf Mark are also recognised by Sport England as a Club Mark facility – the national standard for quality sports clubs.
The four key areas within the club that are assessed are:-
- Coaching and Competition
- Recruitment and Retention
- Management and Sustainability
What does this mean to my family and me?
It means that independent assessors believe the club offers to everyone in the community interested in golf, whether adults or juniors:
- A structured environment in which to develop as a player.
- A fun, enjoyable, welcoming environment.
- Access to appropriate levels of coaching and competition.
- A structured pathway for juniors into adult membership.
- Reassurance that the needs of children have been thoroughly addressed.
- A safe and organised environment for your children.
Once a golf club is awarded GolfMark, they will also be recognised by Sport England as a Clubmark facility – click here for further information on Clubmark.